Summer Lovin’ with a Better-For-You Chicken Salad Sandwich
Summer may be winding down, but the heat is not and let’s be honest, who wants to cook? Instead, turn that oven off and make a no-cook meal this season!
Come and enjoy a tasty Chicken Salad Sandwich, created by food blogger Jamie at Love Bakes Good Cakes! This delicious sandwich recipe uses better-for-you ingredients so it can be enjoyed guilt-free!
Brownberry Healthfull ® Bread is made with 100% whole grains, and has no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Chicken Salad Sandwich
Any variety Brownberry® Healthfull® bread
1 cup PLAIN Greek Yogurt
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. seasoning salt
4 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1 cup diced apple
1 cup grape halves or quarters
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup diced red onion
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup toasted pecans
Ground pepper, to taste
Lettuce leaves, washed and dried (optional)
This Recipe Makes One Sandwich
1. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, paprika, and seasoning salt.
2. Add the chicken, apple, grapes, cranberries, red onion, celery, and pecans. Mix well. Season to taste with ground pepper.
3. Chill at least 1 hour, preferably 4-6 hours, before serving.
To assemble each sandwich:
1. Top one slice of bread with approximately ¾-cup chicken salad. Top with a lettuce leaf, if desired. Add a second bread slice.
2. Slice in half to serve, if desired.