Ingredients (3 servings)
- 6 slices Brownberry Extra Grainy Cracked Wheat and Oats® ® Bread
- 2 c. shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken (white meat, no skin)
- ½ c. roughly chopped, pitted fresh sweet cherries
- 1 c. finely chopped kale leaves
- ¼ c. thinly sliced scallions, ends trimmed, green and white parts
- ¼ c. slivered almonds
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp. fat free mayonnaise
- 1 c. baby spinach leaves
Shred enough white meat from a cooked chicken to yield 2 cups.
Pit the cherries. Roughly chop the cherries to yield ½ cup. Set aside.
Remove the kale leaves from the center stems. Discard stems. Finely chop the kale to yield one cup. Add to the chicken.
Trim the ends of the scallions. Thinly slice enough of the white and green parts to yield ¼ cup. Add to the chicken.
Mix together the chicken, kale, sea salt, black pepper, scallions, rosemary, and 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Stir until well combined.
Fold in the chopped cherries and the slivered almonds, gently mixing together.
Lay out the slices of Brownberry Extra Grainy Cracked Wheat and Oats® ® Extra Grainy Cracked Wheat and Oat Bread. Lightly spread the remaining one tablespoon of mayonnaise over the slices of bread.
Evenly distribute the baby spinach leaves among the three sandwich bottoms.
Evenly split up the chicken salad and gently press it down over the spinach to conform to the shape of the bread.
Top the sandwiches with the remaining sandwiches and serve.