Lobster Roll with Arugula and Cilantro Lime Aioli
Click here to vote this recipe as one of our "Most Loved" – voted by our fans!
1 lb Fresh lobster meat, tail and claws
1 Garlic clove, grated
2 Egg yolks
2 tablespoons Fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ cup Cilantro leaves
1 cup Canola oil
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
½ teaspoon Coarse ground black pepper
8 slices Brownberry® Extra Grainy Extra Grainy Flax and Sesame Seed Bread
2 cups Clean arugula
½ teaspoon Lemon juice
½ teaspoon Fish sauce
1 teaspoon Olive oil
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
4 Heirloom tomatoes (cherry tomatoes work well too)
4 tablespoons Hummus
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reserve fresh lobster meat in a bowl.
- In a food processor or blender, add garlic, egg yolks, lime juice, salt, mustard and cilantro. Process on high until the mixture is bright green. Next, starting with a few drops at a time, add the canola oil to the blender while it is running until all oil is incorporated and mixture is blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the aioli is too thick, add 1 or 2 drops of water.
- Slice your tomatoes into thin rounds and season with salt and pepper, and roast them for two minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Place the arugula in a bowl and dress with the lemon juice, fish sauce, one teaspoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt. (Undressed lettuce is the worst!)
- Fold 1 tablespoon of aioli into the lobster to lightly dress the shellfish. Season with salt and pepper. Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours if not serving the lobster immediately.
- To assemble the sandwich, lightly toast the Arnold® bread and spread a tablespoon of hummus on one side, add dressed arugula, tomato slices and lobster salad. Top with another slice of toast, spear with toothpicks and slice in half.