Grilled White Cheddar with Pears, Walnut Pesto & Cranberry Mustard
8 slices of Brownberry Buttermilk bread
8 slices White Cheddar cheese
2 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and sliced
Extra virgin olive oil
Walnut pesto (recipe follows)
Cranberry mustard (recipe follows)
Walnut Pesto Ingredients:
2 cups walnuts
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Cranberry Mustard Ingredients:
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 cup grain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 300° F.
- Spread walnuts on a sheet pan and toast in the oven until fragrant.
- Transfer walnuts to a food processor and roughly chop.
- Slowly add the oil and continue to process until you have a spreadable (but not too smooth) pesto; the walnuts release their own oils so be patient while adding oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for up to one week.
- Cranberry Mustard Directions:
- Plump cranberries by soaking in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and roughly chop.
- Add to grain mustard, stir together and refrigerate.
- Grilled Cheese Directions:
- Spread the walnut pesto on 4 slices of bread.
- Add 1 slice of cheese to each, then sliced pears, then last pieces of cheese.
- Top with cranberry mustard and second slice of bread.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Place sandwiches one at a time in skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes before flipping (check for color and temperature: cheese should be melted and bread golden). If the bread is sticking, allow to cook slightly longer and it will unstick itself.
- Remove from skillet, pat dry of any excess olive oil, cut in half and serve.
ESTA RECETA ESTA HECHA CON